This is important for those who are considering Civil Suits for Sexual Assault Survivors. Although this is from Ontario, it means that there is precedent in Canada which could be useful for my clients.
Under most circumstances, an order of discharge will release a person from all debts. There are, however, exemptions that have been legislated to ensure that a bankrupt party does not escape a debt arising from certain morally blameworthy actions, and sexual assault may be one of those reasons…
A Bankrupt Can’t Escape a Judgment for Sexual Assault – Lerners Personal Injury Law Firm
Suicide WARNING SIGNS:
- Threatening to harm or end one’s life
- Seeking or access to means: seeking pills, weapons, or other means
- Evidence or expression of a suicide plan
- Expressing (writing or talking) ideation about suicide, wish to die or death
- Rage, anger, seeking revenge
- Acting reckless, engaging impulsively in risky behaviour
- Expressing feelings of being trapped with no way out
- Increasing or excessive substance use
Expresses no reason for living, no sense of purpose in life
Potential Risk Factors:
Very High Risk:
seek immediate help from emergency or mental health professional.
- Unemployed or recent financial difficulties
- Divorced, separated, widowed
- Social Isolation
- Withdrawing from family, friends, society
- Anxiety, agitation, abnormal sleep (too much or too little)
- Dramatic changes in mood
• Prior traumatic life events or abuse • Previous suicide behaviour
• Chronic mental illness
• Chronic, debilitating physical illness
seek help from mental health professional
recommend counseling and monitor for development of warning signs.
To speak consciously, clearly, and concisely without anxiety
To respond instead of reacting
To speak in a way that’s kind, honest, and helpful
To know when to speak and when to stay quiet
To stay engaged when listening
To express yourself so that others can hear you
To nip potential problems in the bud before they become meltdowns
To be comfortable in silence – no longer needing to fill the space
Patience is all about working hard and staying busy while waiting for the results.
Patient people know how to save themselves, and not wait for other’s to save them. They work to understand that the pain they are living with is hard, but deep down, they know that they are going to get through it. They tell themselves that the pain is temporary because one day, they will change their lives into something better.
Patience people bear the tough emotions with the knowledge that they won’t drown, and at the same time, they fight hard to let the emotions go.
It is only then, that you can say that you understood the true meaning of patience.
I have some thoughts about Online Dating.
I have used sites like Okcupid, Plenty of Fish, and a few others over the past 6 years since my marriage ended. I would like to summarize my personal observations:
- Many of the users aren’t honest – a few are, but many aren’t. Frankly we all have past concerns that we want to hide from others, but without these potential partners to be vetted by friends or family, they might be con men/women.
- Men lie about their height and physical activity levels. Women lie about their age, current appearance, and physical activity levels.
- We all change. That’s the norm and it’s normal. Just be yourself.
- There are serious dangers for users of these sites. I have had hackers get into my profile and they have put my profile back into circulation even though I haven’t been on there since 2016 and I deleted my account. Who knows if they have changed my information and answers to get more people to use their sites. Some of the information is not correct and I cannot get it removed without logging into the site…and there is no telling if they will just reissue it later after I “delete” my profile. Another reason why not to use this platform for accessing dating potentials.
- Predators love online dating sites – they can be anything you want them to be, they may build you up and they may create fictiuous profiles so that you will be drawn in and then possibly attacked and harmed.
- Many people have met more people than they would have in their normal life without changing hobbies or taking up other ways to meet others.
- I have heard of some successful marriages from online dating, my extended family members are also included in that statistic.
- People love to ”shop” for the ideal mate, forgetting that relationships take time and energy and a desire for self improvement (ok that was a positive with a negative twist).
Please let me know other ideas on this… just take care. Have a backup person who knows where you are and don’t leave your purse, food or drinks unattended until you have developed a solid system of trust within yourself about the other person.